Wanna Google!

Monday, September 6, 2010

I Mean IT



Back to business after a long gap of 7 months .Feels like I m a stranger to my own blog ;-)


Not long ago i had posted something on my two year stint with this industry and I don’t believe that was a year ago.Today I enter into the fourth year of my career, with new dreams carrying forward and letting loose other aspirations.


Anyways after an eventful first half of the year, I finally felt of writing something. All these months have been filled with emotions with some very good friends leaving the firm, few challenges with new responsibilities creeping in and also had some disturbing thoughts which might/would have played a big role in my future.


Although I am happy to be sticking with one of the greatest firms of the world in terms of innovation and its social responsibility, I feel like looking beyond the obvious, (Yeah!!The grass always looks greener on the other side),


Life has not been mundane in these three years. Few changes I noticed this year are…I started sleeping a lot..(bade bade sapney dekhne ke liye jyaada soona padta hai)…reading a bit….cursing the manager…and of course a new Citibank ATM in the cafeteria 

Its quite bizarre how few words that are used in practical life keep us bolted to our work @ office,
Few years ago whenever i heard the word "Sev", the first thing that struck my mind was "bhujiya Sev”, but now I ask .Sev1 or Sev2??...’Ticket ‘was something which is bought, here it’s something which should be resolved.. Being accustomed to some phrases like “fix it:” “debug” “open a ticket” “do it by EOD” “update the status”…I have almost forgotten to say “miss you”...” good night” and “ Keep smiling”..


With the thought of higher studies luring me each day, I am on a voyage with my feet on two boats.
The worst part is …..I can’t swim!!

                                                                                                                                                                                      

4 comments:

Rahul said...

Santosh-G, glad to know there been changes in last 3 yrs - you sleepng & Citi not sleeping@ATM.
voyage on two boats ! kaha ja rahe ho??

Santosh said...

@ Raul..Ham kahee nahi jaane waale :)

Sreeks said...

swimming is nt a Herculean task. It can be learnt - can go to a trainer OR just jump into water. Both ways the result is +ve!!

Matrz said...

Hey... nice blog... par thoda sad sa hai...
N u can still use those beautiful words which u hv stopped using... just need to prioritize things