Wanna Google!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life in a Super Metro !!

It’s been 6 months since I came out of Gurgaon and now I feel like writing something about this city, a so called “Super Metro” or “Millennium City




The resplendent express way with sky scrappers on either sides, fantabulous malls and not to mention beautiful and hot professionals (read as “*****”...well u know what to read).

Gurgaon, a super metro in the making welcomes you with the Asia’s longest toll plaza and “The Ambience”, India’s biggest mall (with 1 km shopping on each floor).


The city is mostly owned by Real estate giant DLF owning about a property of 50 thousand crores…there’s is no wonder if some one calls this city as “DLF-Gurgaon”.


I started my IT career from this city. I met surprises from day One. The peddling rickshaws,
September’s heat (42 deg), Power supply lasting just 6 hrs a day, and daily headlines about robbery/rape/murder … Staying in “The Vikram Lodge” for 2 days was the worst experience of all.
One can imagine what the situation of a guy who travelled 1000 miles to stay there cud have had.


As time went by, nothing but I changed.....
New friends, fun at work and the mall culture helped in getting along with the city.
I still remember the movie “Chak de India” as my first movie in Gurgaon, rather than a shahrukh starrer. Walking 5 km @ midnight enjoying the December cold (2 deg) from “Sahara mall” to “Jalvayu vihar” after watching “Taare Zameen Par” with Krishna was a thrilling (rather chilling) experience.

My weekend travel to Delhi, passing time at CP, Sarojiini market,waiting for a bus in Dhuala-kuan and adjusting in an auto-rikchaw at IFFCO Chowk…….kya mazedar lyf tha….


Woh Gobi ke paranthe @ Sec-41 Mkt, Veg Momos, OM sweets  ...…..Metropolitan, City Centre, Grand, Ambience, MGF…and finally.. DLF Silokhera :) 


Don’t think ki …”yeh saaala gurgaon kaam karne gaya tha ya…khane peene aur maza karne....” ..nahi..maine kuch khela bhi hai
The practice sessions for the Cricket Tournament, Tasty snacks at Jitin’s residence and a Man of the match award….and many more moments to cherish..,


Well I don’t miss all these things …but I definitely will never forget them.
Wait did I miss something??......
…..
….
Yes
…..
……
”Bluedart” I Miss You :(




7 comments:

Rakesh said...

Good one! There is another side of this city as well which is completely opposite of it's "Super Metro" culture....wish I could write about it some day if I ever happen to be a writer :-)

Shlok said...

baaki sab theek hai par bluedart "teri bhabhi thi, hai aur rahegi"!!!!!!........:P

Santosh said...

@ shlok..
Chal Jhoote...!!

Santosh said...

@Rakesh

Yes...i have seen the other side of it too on the very first day...but could not present much..

Wishing to see a writer in u.... :)

Thanks for the comments!!

Unknown said...

Bludart ko leke tum dono khayaali pulao pakaoo ... uska Parcel to already kisi aur ke haath mein hai :P

Anyways ... wrote well ... U can definitely write a book some day on all your life's experience :)

Santosh said...

@Saurabh...

Thanks saurabh....
Writing a book is not my cup of tea...

I wrote this in a boring training session (SOA) that I attended yesterday....

Thanks to Classroom training sessions,somehow made them productive !!

Unknown said...

Santu I share your feeling about Gurgaonwa (and not gurgaon pronounced by many). I this is the millenium city then i guess we are in the wrong millenium.